Looking for a neighborhood with rich history mixed with fun, new bars and restaurants? Capitol Hill is the place for you. Located in the heart of downtown Denver, this sought-after neighborhood boasts historic mansions and many of Denver localsâ favorite bars and eateries.
What Makes Capitol Hill Great
The current median home value in Capitol Hill is $340,126 and has gone up 3.6% over the past year.* This hip neighborhood was recently rated #4 in Best Neighborhoods to Live in Denver because of the vibrant culture, walkability, cost of living, and proximity to up and coming bars, restaurants and fun local businesses.
Historic & Artistic
The Capitol Hill neighborhood originally was home to some of Denverâs elite – so it boasts many fascinating mansions and architecture that dates back to the 1800s. Some mansions even claim to be haunted! Capitol Hill is also home to some of Denverâs finest museums. These include the Molly Brown House Museum – which tells the story of Titanic survivor Margaret Brown, and the Denver Art Museum, giving the neighborhood a vibrant mix of art and history.
Our favorite local businesses in the area include:
- Date Night: Logan Street – this bright and airy mediterranean-inspired restaurant has seasonally rotated food and incredible wine from across the globe.
- Happy Hour: Vesper Lounge – $4 well cocktails and $3.50 sliders make for one of the best happy hours in the city.
- Coffee: Pablos – this local eclectic coffee shop roasts their beans in small batches and has house-made syrups that add great flavor to any coffee.
- Retail: Plant Garage – at this adorable local spot you can find outdoor and indoor plants, succulents and potting materials for all your plant needs.
How to Find a Home in Capitol Hill
Does Capitol Hill sound like the neighborhood for you? Check out the current home listings in Capitol Hill. You can also speak with a local Homie agent to learn more about the area. Some questions to ask your local agent are:
- Where in Capitol Hill has the best access to major highways?
- Could you tell me more about Capitol Hillâs history?
- How large is the average house in Capitol Hill?
- Are there any areas in Capitol Hill to avoid?
- How far away is Capitol Hill from the foothills?
- What is the average sale price for a home in Capitol Hill?
- How often do homes sell in Capitol Hill?
Let a Homie Agent Help You Move Into Capitol Hill
Contact us today to speak with an experienced local agent who can help you find and secure the perfect Capitol Hill home.
Homie works with buyers and sellers to simplify the real estate process and save them thousands. Finally, the way real estate should be. Learn more about buying in Colorado.
The post Denver Neighborhood Guide: Capitol Hill appeared first on Homie Blog.